If you’re interested in getting the latest best 4K gaming TV hardware like the Sony PlayStation 5 or the Xbox series x you’re definitely going to want to maximize your console’s potential by adding a great 4k tv into the mix. This will make your games look sharper and also play much better with increased frame rates now being a gamer and looking for a great 4k tv. There are tons of different options to consider including how much input lag is on the tv not to mention the resolution itself. So today we’re going to be breaking down some of our favorite 4k TVs for gaming and going through some of the benefits and features of each to see which might be perfect for all of your gaming needs. As always, I will include links to each of these products in the description below so you can check them out further and do a little bit of your own research if I happen to come across any deals or discounts. I’ll drop those down below for you as well.
#1 LG OLED55CXPUA Alexa Built-In CX 55″ 4K Smart OLED TV
So first up we have the best 4k OLED gaming tv and that’s going to be the LG cx old now this is definitely the Best 4K Gaming TV with an OLED panel. That we’ve tested has fantastic picture quality. It can actually produce perfect blacks by turning off individual pixels making it fantastic for darkroom gaming.
It also has wide angles. So if you’re interested in a co-op or having your friends watch you on the couch. You won’t have to worry about them losing picture quality by being off to the side also if you are in a bright room, it does handle reflections very well and it gets very bright to overcome glare in most lighting conditions this one also does have a wide color gamut to help deliver hdr content with vibrant and saturated colors now obviously motion handling is going to be a big benefit here it has a native 120-hertz refresh rate that makes motion look incredibly smooth.
You’ll also notice a nearly instantaneous response time with almost no motion blur in fast-moving scenes and there is an optional black frame insertion feature, here to help further improve clarity it also supports free sync HDMI form vrr and is compatible with g-sync. This one also has an auto-low latency mode. That detects when a game is launched from a compatible device and automatically switches the tv to game mode. Just note here that OLEDs are susceptible to permanent burn-in and that occurs when static elements are left on the display for long periods of time. So perhaps if you do have a video game up on the start screen for a long time, it could damage your panel. So it’s just one thing to be aware of, but if you are just looking for the best 4k gaming tv with an OLED panel, definitely check out the LG cx OLED.
Top Best 4K Gaming TV for Xbox, PS5 Reddit 2021
View On Amazon
- LG OLED TV: Only OLED pixels emit their own light, allowing for the perfect black, intense color, and stunning picture.
- PIXEL LEVEL DIMMING: Millions of pixels emit their own light. Only OLED can turn pixels off completely and independently. See stunning pictures, perfect black, infinite contrast, and over a billion rich colors.
- WEBOS AND MAGIC REMOTE: LG’s fan-favorite webOS platform makes it surprisingly fast and easy to stream movies and shows with your favorite apps and find new obsessions based on what you like. While our Magic Remote lives up to its name with voice and motion control — just speak or simply point, scroll and click.
- α9 GEN 3 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Everything you see and hear is automatically made better, clearer, smoother, and more dynamic with our a9 Gen 3 AI Processor 4K. You don’t have to do a thing. Our most advanced 4K processor does it for you with AI Picture Pro, AI Sound Pro, AI 4K Upscaling, and the ability to help your TV to evolve.
- GAMING: LG OLED TV is built for gaming. AI-powered picture quality transports you to the moment. Gaming features and the latest tech, like NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync, give you an edge with less lag, high refresh rates, and incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay.
- OLED MOTION PRO: our most advanced motion handling for fast movements in sports and action sequences | Native Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- INPUTS & OUTPUTS: HDMI (HDMI 2.1 & HDCP 2.2) x4, USB 2.0 x3, RF Connection Input (Antenna/Cable) x1, AV Input x1 (breakout cable required, not included), Ethernet Input x1, RS-232C Input (Mini Jack) x1, Digital Audio Output (Optical) x1 | Wi-Fi (802.11ac) & Bluetooth 5.0 Enabled
- DIMENSIONS W/O STAND(WxHxD): 48.3″ x 27.8″ x 1.8″ | DIMENSIONS W/ STAND: 48.3″ x 29.1″ x 9.9″ | STAND WIDTH: 39.3″
#2 SAMSUNG 65-inch Class QLED Q80T Series – 4K UHD Direct Full Array 12X Quantum HDR 12X Smart TV with Alexa Built-in
We have the best 4k led gaming tv and that’s going to be the Samsung QLED Q80T. Now, this is definitely the best option with an led panel. It’s a high-end 4k model with impressive picture quality and tons of gaming features. Now with this one, you won’t have the risk of permanent burn-in so you don’t have to worry about potentially damaging your tv after exposure to static elements this one also has an HDMI 2.1 input.
This allows you to play 4k games up to 120 hertz it also supports vrr to reduce screen tearing and this one does have incredibly low input lag and the response time is excellent. There’s also a black frame insertion feature here to help reduce motion blur and its native contrast ratio is lower than most VA panels also despite being a VA panel. It does have ultra-viewing angle technology.
Which Samsung provides and that improves the viewing angles at the cost of some of the contrast, it’s still a great choice for dark rooms. After all, it does have a decent local dimming feature now one thing we definitely recommend with this one, if you’re not limited by the size in your space definitely go for some of the bigger models here because they do have some better features.
Best 4K Gaming TV for 2021
View On Amazon
- DIRECT FULL ARRAY 12X (85″, 75″, 65″ & 55″): Controlled backlights offer deeper contrast for richer blacks and brighter whites
- ULTRA VIEWING ANGLE WITH ANTI-GLARE: Engineered to reduce glare and enhance color, providing a vibrant picture no matter where you sit
- QUANTUM HDR 12X (85″, 75″, 65″ & 55″): Fine-tuned shades of cinematic color make details leap off the screen
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: This powerful processor uses deep learning AI to transform everything you watch into stunning 4K
- OBJECTIVE TRACKING SOUND: 2 top and 2 bottom built-in TV speakers adjust the sound to follow the action
- ALEXA BUILT-IN: Ask more from your TV. Just ask Alexa to open apps, change the channel, search for movies and shows, play music, control your smart home devices, and more. To talk to Alexa, press and hold the mic button on your remote. If you have hands-free enabled just say, “Alexa” and ask a question
- Dimensions: 56.9 x 32.7 x 2.1″, 53.1 pounds (Without stand); 56.9 x 35.7 x 11.4″, 61.3 pounds (With stand)
#3 VIZIO 65-Inch M-Series Quantum 4K UHD LED HDR Smart TV with Apple AirPlay and Chromecast Built-in, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDMI 2.1, Variable Refresh Rate & AMD FreeSync Gaming
We have the best budget 4k gaming tv and that’s going to be the Vizio m7 series quantum 2020. Now, this is definitely a great budget television it’s got impressive gaming performance, it has features like free sync support vrr support and it does handle reflections well. If you are gaming in a bright room the response time here is very decent, which results in clear motion and there’s also a black frame insertion feature to further improve. That clarity the input lag here is also very low and remains low with vrr enabled or when gaming in hdr another. The great feature here is it does support hdr 10 plus and Dolby vision. Now, just note this one doesn’t really get bright enough to deliver a true hdr experience, it does have a VA panel with high contrast ratio.
So it’s well suited for darkroom gaming another thing to note here. It doesn’t upscale 480p or 720p content very well but it shouldn’t be a problem. If you’re gaming in 4k this one does also have relatively narrow viewing angles, So you want your tv head on but if all of those aren’t issues for you based on your gaming setup this is definitely a fantastic budget gaming option and we highly recommend the Vizio m7 series quantum 2020.
View On Amazon
- Quantum Color Combined with a powerful Active Full Array backlight, VIZIO’s next-generation Quantum Color delivers cinematic color volume with over a billion hues of vibrant color.
- UltraBright 800 delivers bright, detailed highlights at up to 800 nits of brightness, more accurately reproducing the nuances in every picture and revealing fine details otherwise lost in light or dark areas of an image.
- Active Full Array with 90 Local Dimming Zones VIZIO’s powerful Active Full Array backlight intelligently adjusts the backlight to match what’s on the screen, resulting in deep black levels with stunning depth and contrast.
- Dolby Vision HDR Dolby Vision Transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring entertainment to life before your eyes. In addition, this TV supports HDR10+ and HLG high dynamic range formats.
- 4K Ultra HD With over 8 million pixels — 4 times the resolution of 1080p — enjoy every scene in breathtaking detail.